Student Presentation Travel Grants
The Eastern Section of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists has a new program to support the cost of students traveling to the annual Eastern Section meeting to present the results of research at the conference (students only presenting at the Student Job Quest are not eligible). All eligible students whose abstract is accepted will receive some support; the amount available to applicants depends on the number of applicants each year.
- A maximum of 500 US dollars will be awarded. The total amount that each student receives will depend on the number of applicants and apparent need.
- The student must be enrolled in an institution within the Eastern Section of the AAPG or presenting material on Eastern Section geology.
- The student must personally present the paper (or poster) even though the paper may have non-student co-authors.
- An application from the student requesting funds shall be submitted to the Section Vice President at the same time as the abstract is submitted for the presentation.
- A copy of the abstract also should be included with this application letter.
- A memo from the Chairperson of the student’s department verifying student enrollment at the time of the meeting is required. You may enclose this memo with the other items of the grant application or the department chair may e-mail it to the Vice President of the Eastern Section. Letters of support are also encouraged from the student’s academic advisor, industry sponsors, etc.
- Each eligible applicant will be informed of the level of support after acceptance letters are issued by the meeting technical program chair. Funding will be on a reimbursement basis.
- Additional information may be obtained from the Vice President of the Eastern Section AAPG.